Hemet apartment blaze displaces seven

Firefighters from three engine companies, a medic squad, and a battalion commander were initially called to the blaze

File Photo
The American Red Cross was summoned to the scene to assist the five adults and two children.

■ By Staff Reports / The Valley Chronicle

Seven people were left without shelter and at least one person sustained minor injuries as a result of an apartment complex fire on Olive Tree Lane in Hemet on Saturday.
Firefighters from three engine companies, a medic squad, and a battalion commander were initially called to the blaze shortly after 12:30 a.m. Additional engine companies and medical personnel continued to respond as the blaze grew and caught a second structure on fire.
A pregnant female suffered from smoke inhalation and was treated at the scene by firefighter/paramedics and AMR medics.
Southern California Gas Company and Southern California Edison personnel responded to the scene and shut off all utilities to the residences damaged by the fire. The American Red Cross was summoned to the scene to assist the five adults and two children who were displaced by the fire. Several family dogs were also saved.
The fire allegedly started in a kitchen on an electric cooking stove but is under investigation.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *