City Council replacement will be appointed

Last day to apply for Raver’s vacant council seat is Feb. 2 ■ By Mary Ann Morris / Editor No costly special election will be held to replace K. Paul Raver, who abruptly resigned from Hemet’s City Council Dec. 13. His replacement will appointed by the City Council, and according to California government code, must be done within 60 days of Raver’s resignation. Persons interested in this vacant council seat must be 18 years of age, can live anywhere in the city of Hemet, and must be registered to vote. Letters of interest must be submitted to City Clerk Sarah McComas by Thursday, Feb. 2. Interviews will be held at a

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In