Hemet house fire displaces 11 people, several dogs

Photo by Kristy MartinA haunting display of a door inscription reading “Forever Love” at the former Martin residence next to the ruins from a destructive fire. ■ By Halima Haider / Reporter Having won an award for the best Christmas light display in the neighborhood just last month, the loving Martin residence in the 3600 block of W. Sydney St. in Hemet caught fire Friday morning, displacing eight children, three adults and several dogs. The fire erupted in the garage, engulfing it in its entirety and destroying it, rendering the home unlivable. Damages included several hundred dollars of exotic fish. “Funny part is that I didn’t realize it was our house

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In