March 10, 2021 – The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) and the Phoenix Society for Burn Survivors introduce an additional, final video interview of its Faces of Fire/Electrical series, which features personal stories of people impacted by electrical incidents and demonstrates the need for continued education and awareness about electrical hazards in the workplace and at home. In August 2004, Don Johnson, an electrician from Florida, was at work connecting a client’s backup generator for use during an impending hurricane when a failure of his rotation tester or a loose clip shorted out in a 4,000 amp/480-volt switchgear section he was working on, creating an arc flash event that destroyed much of the equipment and blew him against
Read More

This content is restricted to site members. If you are an existing user, please log in. New users may register below.

Existing Users Log In
   

By admin