This year the scholarship amount jumps to $1,000 per student
■ By SRCAR / Contributed
For 31 years, Southwest Riverside County Association of Realtors (SRCAR) has been awarding scholarships to qualifying and deserving local high school seniors. On any given year, up to 24 $500-scholarships are presented to students in southwest Riverside County who are furthering their educations.
This year, the scholarship award amount increased to $1,000 per student and 30 scholarships were presented to the following individuals who will attend the named universities in the fall:
• Kylie Amundson, Azuza Pacific University
• Sophia Ardent, California State University Fullerton
• Christopher Barney, Stetson University
• Alexis Calitto, Chico State
• Nicholas Cutka, University of Southern California
• Miyah Davis, University of Washington
• Maya Fleming, Mount San Jacinto College
• Matthew Garamone, UC Santa Cruz
• Apryl Gould, University of Colorado
• Austin Hall, Pepperdine
• Sabrina Inzunza, Ave Maria University
• Justin Kaukani, Arizona State University
• Trevor Lawson, who will attend college after working one semester with Cal Fire
• Krystina Lorch, Felician University
• Amanda Manangan, UC Davis
• Ty Mico, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University
• Audrey Morrison, California University Long Beach
• Michael Orzech, University of St. Katherine
• Isaac Rodriguez, Full Sail University
• Ashley Roy, Northern Arizona University
• Shelby Ruddock, Dixie State University
• Marissa Sannipoli, California Baptist University
• Joseph Sayegh, California State University Fullerton
• Makenna Sine, San Diego State University
• Vance Sine, UC Santa Barbara
• Laura Suarez, California State University San Bernardino
• Miah Taylor, Santiago Canyon College
• Braden Tempel, Riverside City College
• Luke Torres, San Diego State University
• Jared Zwick, San Diego State University
All 30 students and their families were invited to attend a marketing meeting at SRCAR on Tuesday, July 10, and were recognized by the organization’s members.
Many benefits take place annually in order to raise funds for the SRCAR Scholarship Foundation. Some of these events include bowling, BINGO, Texas Hold’em, and our very popular Chili Cook-off for Charity.
The Southwest Riverside County Association of Realtors is a real estate trade association with locations in Murrieta, Hemet and Menifee and a membership base of over 4,800 real estate professionals who live and work in Southwest Riverside County. These members work to help keep the American dream of home ownership alive and well. Simply put, home ownership matters!
In keeping with their commitment to the communities they serve, the Mission Statement of SRCAR is as follows: The Southwest Riverside County Association of Realtors (SRCAR) enhances the value of its members while promoting, empowering and inspiring excellence through its services and legislative advocacy. For more information, contact SRCAR at 951 894-2571 or visit us at www.srcar.org.