Mother, unborn child killed in head-on collision

Other driver jailed for suspected DUI, manslaughter

Eddie George / Hemet Eye News
The crash scene on Warren Road north of Devonshire where Krystil Kincaid’s Chrysler minivan collided head-on with a BMW on Sunday night, Aug. 9, killing her and her unborn child.

■ Dennis Fletcher / Contributed

A 29-year-old San Jacinto mother and her unborn baby were killed Sunday night in a devastating head-on collision with a suspected drunk driver, police reported. The other driver reportedly is a celebrity boxer from Cuba.
Krystil (Kristil) Kincaid, the mother of three other children, was married and pregnant with an 8-month-old unborn baby when her minivan was hit head-on as she drove home about 8:30 p.m. Kincaid, a manager trainee at WinCo Foods, was reportedly on maternity leave.
She was married to Zach Kincaid and the couple has three children, including a daughter, 11, and two sons, ages 8 and 4. After being flown to a hospital by helicopter, Kincaid’s baby died and she was placed on life support but showed no sign of mental awareness. Her life support, intended to give her children a chance to say goodbye and permit organ donation, was scheduled to be removed on Wednesday (after press time), according to news reports.

The Kincaid family and
Krystil Kincaid.

Jailed on charges of felony gross vehicular manslaughter and incarcerated in the Larry Smith Correctional Facility in Banning, on $75,000 bail is Marcos Forestal, 28, of Burbank.
The Hemet Police dispatch center began receiving 9-1-1 calls shortly after 8:30 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 9, reporting a head-on collision in the 500 block of N. Warren Road in Hemet. As the first officers arrived, they found that a blue BMW and a silver Chrysler minivan had collided in the northbound lanes, according to Hemet police.
The Chrysler, driven by Kincaid, had burst into flames and was partially on fire. Officers were able to extinguish the blaze and responding Hemet Fire Department firefighters then had to use the Jaws of Life to extricate the trapped Kincaid from her auto, which had her legs pinned. A Mercy Air Ambulance helicopter responded and flew her to nearby Riverside University Health System’s trauma center in Moreno Valley where she and the baby later died, according to authorities and news reports.
Forestal, who suffered minor injuries, was found at the scene walking near his vehicle, police said. Later reports indicated Forestal was walking around live-streaming the accident scene stating how it was the other driver’s fault. Police reported Forestal displayed symptoms of alcohol intoxication so he was arrested and taken to a local hospital for treatment of his injuries. A Hemet Police officer accompanied him to the hospital and took him into custody when he was medically cleared.
Due to the severity of the collision, Hemet Police Traffic Investigators were called to take over the investigation. Preliminary evidence revealed that Kincaid was driving north on Warren Road and had just passed Devonshire Avenue and was within blocks of WinCo. Forestal, driving a BMW, was headed south on Warren Road from Esplanade at a high rate of speed, according to police. For unknown reasons, Forestal’s vehicle veered into the northbound lane and slammed head-on into Kincaid’s Chrysler minivan, according to investigators.

Marcos Forestal and
Marcos Forestal from a smartphone video Forestal shot following the crash that wrecked his BMW and killed Krystil Kincaid.

According to Riverside County News Source, “Forestal is a well known and semi-famous Cuban boxer (9-0, 5 KO) and reigning World Boxing Federation International Super Bantamweight champion who recently came to California from Florida to continue his fighting career. Florida-based Cuban news agencies and boxing related news sites have just begun picking up the story, which is beginning to make huge waves within the respective communities.”
An online reader going by “Vanessa Marie” reported on the Hemet Eye News Facebook page: “This was my stepsister and her unborn child that he hit head on! They both passed away. I hope he is punished to the max the law will allow.”
In response to a public comment on Hemet News about the amount set for bail, originally listed at $50,000, a HPD spokesperson responded, “Unfortunately, bail is set by the County Superior Court System. Based on recent developments, our investigators are in the process of increasing the bail amount.” Forestal’s bail later was increased to $75,000.
“This is a terrible tragedy that no family should have to endure,” said Hemet Police Chief Rob Webb in a statement upon learning of the event. “We sadly offer our condolences and promise we will do everything we can to bring justice in this case.”
A Go Fund Me account ( was set up for the Kincaid family and had raised more than $15,000 by press time.

Eddie George of Hemet Eye News and Chris Smith of The Valley Chronicle contributed to this story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *