Driver in vehicular manslaughter released

Celebrity boxer suspected of killing pregnant woman in drunk driving

Photo by Chris Smith
A snapshot of the scene after the fatal collision. There were reportedly no skid marks visible on the pavement, but each car ended up on opposite sides of the road.

■ Robin Underwood / Contributed

A celebrity boxer from Burbank was released on bail last Friday after being arrested for killing a Hemet woman and her unborn child in a head-on collision.
On Sept. 9 Marcos Forestal, a 28 year-old professional boxer originally from Cuba, was driving a blue BMW southbound down Warren Road in Hemet when his car somehow collided head on with Krystil Kincaid’s silver Chevy going northbound. Before the collision, Mrs. Kincaid was on the phone speaking with her husband who heard everything as it happened: the initial scream, the silence, and people trying to rescue her from the vehicle.
Krystil Kincaid, 29

Kincaid was trapped underneath the dash as her minivan caught fire after the crash. First responders had to use the Jaws of Life to extract her from the vehicle. She was eight months pregnant with her and her husband’s fourth child. The baby did not survive the crash.
Initially it was determined that Kincaid could survive, however, doctors later revealed there was no brain activity. She was left on life support long enough, so that family members traveling from out of town could say their goodbyes. She was legally pronounced dead on Sept. 10.
Forestal was seen on social media taking a Facebook Live video just after the collision saying, “Look what happened to me guys…a car just crossed in front of me,” as he showed his car smashed before first responders came to his aid. He suffered minor injuries and was taken into custody at the hospital shortly after.

Hemet Police Department
Marcos Forestal-Coutin, 28

He was arrested for gross vehicular manslaughter while intoxicated after Kincaid was officially pronounced dead and investigators had determined he appeared to be under the influence at the scene. Forestal was booked at Robert Presley Detention Center and pleaded not guilty of felony charges. A judge set his bail at $75,000.
On Friday, Sept. 14, he met his bail and was released. His next court date is set for Nov. 1 at 8:30 a.m. Kincaid’s friends and family members took to social media to grieve their loss and comment on Forestal’s release.
Liz Navarro, Kincaid’s sister, posted her reaction on Facebook saying, “[He]…is out on bail and gets to be with his family and hug them while we won’t ever get to hug my baby sister ever again, we won’t ever have the chance to hold my niece Avalynn…Please keep making noise so that we can get justice for them.”
For those who would like to help support the Kincaid family during this time, you can do so by visiting titled, Krystil Kincaid and Family.

Taj Shorter of The Valley Chronicle contributed to this story.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *