On Wednesday, March 3, 2021, personnel from the Moreno Valley Sheriff’s Station Investigations Bureau with the assistance of the Moreno Valley Special Enforcement Unit, the Riverside County Probation Department, the United States Marshals Fugitive Task Force, and the Riverside G.P.S. Parole Unit conducted a compliance checks of registered sex offenders within the city of Moreno Valley. During this operation, 187 sex offenders were contacted by deputies and officers to verify compliance with all registration requirements as well as all terms and conditions of parole or probation. During this operation, the following eight people were arrested and booked at the Robert Presley Detention Center:
- Michael Guerrero, 43-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, misdemeanor warrant
- Dodge Vandegraaff, 34-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, parole violation
- Phillip Green, 29-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, new registration violation
- Humberto Ochoa, 30-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, new registration violation
- Lamont Johnson, 44-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, felony warrant
- Taye Dada, 28-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, parole violation
- Andrew Joseph Camacho, 33-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, parole violation
- Manuel Leyva, 26-year-old resident of Moreno Valley, felony warrant
In addition to those arrested, an additional 12 people were found to be in violation of their registration terms. These cases will be submitted to the Riverside County District Attorney’s Office seeking prosecution.
The Moreno Valley Police Department conducts sexual offender compliance checks on a regular basis. Additional large-scale operations will be planned in the near future. Anyone with questions about this operation or questions about the sexual offender registration process are encouraged to call Corporal Cuevas at the Moreno Valley Sheriff’s Station (951) 486-6958.